Summer White Bean Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Cooked dried white beans are a great base for a summer salad of tomatoes and bell peppers.
- 1 (16-ounce) bag dried white beans
- Fresh herb sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 orange or red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Cook the beans in water to cover with fresh thyme, oregano, or parsley and garlic. Drain and let cool. Combine about 3/4 of the beans, and remaining ingredients and toss well. Save remaining beans for another use.