Summer Vegetables in Parchment Paper
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 15 mins
The best summer vegetables all wrapped up in a parchment paper heart.
No ordinary vegetable side here—be prepared for these to steal the show.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently mix. Fold four 15-inch square pieces of parchment paper in half; cut into heart shapes. Unfold and place vegetables on one side of each sheet next to fold. Fold and tightly seal the edges with narrow folds. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Remove packets from oven and transfer to individual serving plates. Cut open packets and serve.
By Dave DiResta and Joanne Foran.