Summer Squash Pasta with Green Goddess Dressing
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2pounds mixed summer squash (yellow squash and zucchini)
- 1teaspoon fine sea salt, plus additional for serving
- 1/2cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1small clove garlic, minced
- 1 anchovy, minced
- 1/4cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup raw pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the squash into very thin strips using a julienne slicer. Alternately, use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to make long ribbons. Sprinkle the squash with the salt, toss gently, and place in a colander over a bowl for 20 minutes, allowing the excess liquid in the squash to drain. Carefully squeeze the squash over the colander. Pat with a clean, absorbent kitchen towel to dry.
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, wine vinegar, basil, parsley, chives, tarragon, garlic, and anchovy in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Using your hands, gently toss the squash with about three-quarters of the dressing. Add the Parmesan and pine nuts and toss again. If needed, add the remaining dressing; store any remaining dressing in the fridge for another use.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with small leaves of basil. This dish is best served immediately.
Reprinted with permission from Vibrant Food by Kimberley Hasselbrink (Ten Speed Press, © 2014).