Summer Squash Frittata
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4cups your favorite summer squash, sliced thin
- 1/2medium onion, sliced thin
- 5 sun-dried tomato halves, reconstituted and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2tablespoons nonfat milk
- Red Pepper flakes, to preference
- 1/2cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Layer the sliced summer squash in a cast iron or nonstick frying pan. Don’t pack down the summer squash slices as you want the egg mixture to fill the spaces in between.
- Layer the sliced onions and reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes on top of the summer squash.
- Beat the eggs, milk, red pepper flakes and salt together. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Don’t worry if the egg mixture doesn’t cover all the vegetables before baking.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 86.8
- Fat 3.8g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Cholesterol 11.1mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Potassium 429.6mg
- Carbohydrate 7.4g
- Fiber 1.7g
- Protein 6.9g