Summer Squash Frittata
- Yield 4 servings
Summer squash are tossed with sliced onion and sun-dried tomatoes, then seasoned with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. This versatile breakfast pie works well with any variety of zucchini or summer squash.
- 4 cups your favorite summer squash, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 5 -- sun-dried tomato halves, reconstituted and chopped
- 6 -- eggs
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- -- Salt
- -- Red Pepper flakes, to preference
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Layer the sliced summer squash in a cast iron or nonstick frying pan. Don’t pack down the summer squash slices as you want the egg mixture to fill the spaces in between.
- Layer the sliced onions and reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes on top of the summer squash.
- Beat the eggs, milk, red pepper flakes and salt together. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Don’t worry if the egg mixture doesn’t cover all the vegetables before baking.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.