Low-Fat Summer Squash Casserole
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2pounds yellow squash (about 8) sliced
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1cup fat-free sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2cup bread crumbs
- 1/4cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, optional
- 1tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil squash and onion in a saucepan in a small amount of water over medium to high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Combine squash and onion and sour cream, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and basil in a mixing bowl. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Cheddar cheese, margarine and paprika. Sprinkle over the squash mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 105
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 127mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g