Summer Rum Slushes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
You'll think you're at the beach after one sip of this fruity, slushy drink.
Rum is the beverage of Puerto Rico and is often mixed with fruit to create tasty blender drinks. This one uses a new flavored rum that's just right for patio season.
- 6 ounces peach-flavored rum
- 4 ounces canned frozen limeade concentrate, undiluted
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 to 5 medium strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups ice
- Strawberry slices (optional)
- Combine rum, limeade, pineapple juice and strawberries in a blender. With the blender running, add ice cubes, several at a time, through the lid. Blend until slushy. Pour into glasses and garnish with fruit, if using.
Recipe by Lisa Holderness and Wini Moranville.