Summer Pasta Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
Serve this sauce over hot cooked linguine and top with a few gratings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- 2pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- Mix the tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil, red pepper and salt in a large glass bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Toss the chilled sauce with cooled cooked linguini or other pasta. Top each serving with finely grated Parmesan or asiago cheese if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Las Vegas’ Las Vegas Glitter to Gourmet (Junior League of Las Vegas, 2001)