Summer Pasta Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
A no-cook sauce that makes the most of juicy, ripe tomatoes.
Serve this sauce over hot cooked linguine and top with a few gratings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil, red pepper and salt in a large glass bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Toss the chilled sauce with cooled cooked linguini or other pasta. Top each serving with finely grated Parmesan or asiago cheese if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Las Vegas’ Las Vegas Glitter to Gourmet (Junior League of Las Vegas, 2001)