Summer Panzanella Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 8ounces French baguette, cubed
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2ounces baby kale or arugula
- 4teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss bread with olive oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet, and toast in oven until lightly brown.
- Cut kernels from corn cobs and place in a large bowl with bread. Add tomato halves and kale.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour over salad. Serve within 15 minutes so bread doesn’t get too soggy.
To cut corn from the cob, place one end in a bowl and use a sharp chef’s knife to cut kernels off. To “milk,” use the flat side o the blade to scrape the cob.