Summer Fruit with Wine and Mint
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/4cups dry white wine
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1/2-- ripe cantaloupe, halved, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 8ounces fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1cup seedless green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Bring the wine and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Chop and combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes and mint in a large bowl. Pour the warm wine mixture over; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours. Transfer to the fruit mixture to a wide jar with a tight-fitting lid. Keep chilled.