Summer Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4-- ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 9ounces fresh spinach
- Add the salt and corn to a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the corn with tongs to a bowl of ice water to cool completely. Remove to paper towels to drain. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes and cheese. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and stir into the tomato mixture. Divide the spinach among four salad bowls and top each wtih equal portions of the salad.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).