Summer Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Put your leftover summer sweet corn to good use in this simple and tasty dish.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -- ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- Add the salt and corn to a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the corn with tongs to a bowl of ice water to cool completely. Remove to paper towels to drain. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the tomatoes and cheese. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and stir into the tomato mixture. Divide the spinach among four salad bowls and top each wtih equal portions of the salad.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).