Summer Blueberry Peach Almond Rice Pudding
- Yield 6 servings
A make-ahead pudding with blueberries, peaches and almonds.
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 cup blueberries, washed well
- 1 ripe peach, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a large saucepan, combine rice and soy milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to a simmer. Add brown sugar, cranberries, vanilla and cinnamon stick. Simmer slowly, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice softens. Add blueberries, peaches and almonds. Simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the rice to 6 small serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and drizzle with maple syrup. Cool at least 1 hour before serving or refrigerate overnight.