Summer Blueberry Peach Almond Rice Pudding
- Yield 6 servings
A make-ahead pudding with blueberries, peaches and almonds.
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 cup blueberries, washed well
- 1 -- ripe peach, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- -- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice and the soy milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to a simmer. Add the brown sugar, cranberries, vanilla and cinnamon stick. Simmer slowly, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice softens. Add the blueberries, peaches and almonds. Simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the rice to 6 small serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and drizzle with maple syrup. Cool at least 1 hour before serving or refrigerate overnight.