Sugared Roasted Pecans
- Yield: 14 servings
"I was looking for something special to serve during our 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I tried lots of recipes for sugared pecans, and none could hold a candle to this recipe. It is like eating pecan pie!"
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2cups pecan halves
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F. Coat a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pecans, return to a boil, and continue boiling 1 minute, stirring constantly. Drain in a colander and run under hot water to rinse well. Shake off the excess water and place on paper towels to absorb the water; pat dry.
- Place pecans in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar and mix gently. Drizzle evenly with butter. Bake 15 minutes. Stir and then bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, until browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Season cooled pecans with salt. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon to an airtight container. Store in refrigerator. The pecans will keep for several months.
Recipe by Carol Snyder, Sumner, Iowa