- Yield 32 servings
A sweet candied pecan, perfect to give as holiday gifts
"Folks think you spent all day making these. They are easy to make. I make them at Christmas to give as gifts. They are yummy!"
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Beat egg white with water until frothy.
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Dip pecans in egg white. Place coated pecans in plastic bag containing sugar mixture and shake to coat well.
- Place on a well-greased shallow baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes or until egg white is dry. Stir every 10 minutes. Cool on waxed paper.
Recipe by Mary Allen, Lebanon, Ind.