Sugar Snap Peas with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yield 6 servings
Sweet sugar snaps are dressed up with tangy sun-dried tomatoes.
This is a wonderful side dish. To make this as an entree, add 1 pound cubed firm tofu 2 minutes before the end of cooking and serve over couscous or polenta.
- 1/4 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 leaves basil, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and let sit 30 minutes to plump; drain, reserving the soaking water separately from the tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat and add sugar snap peas. Saute 2 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots, tomatoes and 3 tablespoons water used to soak the sun-dried tomatoes. Continue to cook 2 minutes longer or until the peas are tender. Add the basil, salt and pepper.