Sugar Snap Peas with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
This is a wonderful side dish. To make this as an entree, add 1 pound cubed firm tofu 2 minutes before the end of cooking and serve over couscous or polenta.
- 1/4cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1large shallot, minced
- 4leaves basil, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and let sit 30 minutes to plump; drain, reserving the soaking water separately from the tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat and add sugar snap peas. Saute 2 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots, tomatoes and 3 tablespoons water used to soak the sun-dried tomatoes. Continue to cook 2 minutes longer or until the peas are tender. Add the basil, salt and pepper.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 87
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat .48g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 25mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 3g