Sugar Snap Peas with Shiitakes and Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
With lots of tastes and textures, this dish combines fresh sugar snap peas with meaty shiitakes.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, stems removed with string attached
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces dried orzo or acini de pepe pasta, cooked according to package directions until al dente
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute 3 minutes or until softened. Add the peas and continue cooking 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cooked pasta and the water or broth. Saute 2 minutes longer or until the pasta is heated through. Season with salt, pepper and Parmesan.