Sugar Snap Peas with Mesclun Greens
- Yield 4 servings
A terrific, veggie-packed side dish made with pine nuts and shallots.
'I created this recipe to serve at a spring dinner party. Sugar snap peas are plentiful here in the spring and I actually grow the greens and green onions here from late February to late April.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups loosely packed mesclun greens or spring mix
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Add pine nuts and shallots and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes or until browned. Add peas, salt, pepper and wine. Heat until just simmering; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in greens and simmer, uncovered, until greens just wilt. Stir in green onions and basil. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
– Candace McMenamin, Lexington, SC