- Yield 8 (2-ounce) servings
Perfect fot snacking or serving at your next holiday gathering.
- 1 -- egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 pound pecan, walnut or almond halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat the egg and cold water in a bowl. Stir in the pecans. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a bowl. Add to the pecan mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour, turning the pecans every 15 minutes. Let cool before serving. Makes 1 pound.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Las Vegas' Las Vegas Glitter to Gourmet (Junior League of Las Vegas, 2001).