- Yield 8 cups
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 40 mins
A fruit-laden stuffing for turkey or chicken.
- 1 (16-ounce) King's Hawaiian Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pineapple chunks, in own juice, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped apples (sprinkled with lemon juice, optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
- Place bread cubes, pineapple, almonds, apples and raisins in a large mixing bowl.
- Sauté celery and onion in a skillet with butter, until tender and translucent. Toss into bowl with bread cube mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir seasonings with broth. Pour seasoned broth evenly over dry ingredients until desired moistness. Toss to combine.
- Stuff a 10-pound bird and cook according to directions. Or, place in 2-quart casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 325F. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.