- Yield 18 to 20 servings
Make this incredible meat ahead and refrigerate until ready to cook for an outstanding meal.
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) beef tenderloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Trim any excess fat from meat. Make a lengthwise cut along the center or the tenderloin, but not all the way through (about 1/3 way down), set aside.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, suate the onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook just until the spinach is wilted, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs and cheese. Season to taste.
- Spread the spinach mixture in the slit of the meat. Squeeze loosely together. Cover the top of the stuffing on the tenderloin loosely with foil. Place cut side up in a roasting pan. Season the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour the Worcestershire sauce over. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes for medium rare or to desired doneness.
- In a microwave dish heat together the bouillon cube, water, and any drippings from the meat and 2 minutes. Slice the tenderloin and pour the sauce over.