Stuffed Potatoes Primavera
- Yield 6 servings
Add any vegetables available to these potatoes - often, the more colorful the array of veggies, the more healthful.
These colorful tasty potatoes also make a great side: cut potatoes in half and fill. Freezes well.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Bake for 1 hour or until soft when squeezed. When done, cut thin slice off top of potato length-wise. Scoop out the potato pulp leaving the shell.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the potato pulp, milk and margarine until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the green onions and mozzarella cheese.
- Reduce oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the broccoli, squash, green pepper, onions, tomatoes, vinegar and basil over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Carefully fold the vegetables into the potato mixture.
- Stuff the potato shells with the mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until well heated and the cheese is melted.