Stuffed Pork Roast
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Fines Herbs (or favorite herb blend)
- 1 (10-ounce) can package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- Preheat oven to 325F. Cut pockets deeply into tenderloin without slicing through about 3/4-inch apart. Set aside. Saute onion for about 5 minutes in olive oil. Add mushrooms, wine and herbs. Saute until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes). Add spinach, beans, almonds and Parmesan cheese. Spoon filling into pockets. The meat is very elastic and will expand to allow room for the filling. Place meat in a roasting pan, and bake for 2 to 3 hours (covered loosely with foil after the first 45 minutes), until internal meat temperature reaches 170 degrees. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
—Gloria Smith, Nixa, Mo.