Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Yield 10 servings
The delicious taste of stuffed peppers in a convenient soup.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 -- beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or stockpot, stirring until crumbly; drain. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice, green peppers, brown sugar, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until the green peppers are tender, stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Telephone Pioneers of America’s Celebrations (Telephone Pioneers of America, Chapter 34, Birmingham, Al., 1999).