- Yield 60 pieces
Low-fat and savory, these mushrooms make a great first course.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs, or a little more
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60 medium fresh mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute celery, green pepper and onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, white wine, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper, mixing well. Wash and stem the mushrooms and fill each cap with stuffing. Lay filled mushroom caps on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes, or until heated throughout.