Stuffed Garlic Spinach Bread
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1large onion, finely chopped
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1-- (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added chopped, spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2cup diced, canned red bell peppers
- 12large black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, peppers, olives, crushed pepper, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch round using just enough flour on the work surface and dough to keep it from sticking. Brush off excess flour and transfer dough to a baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the center and mound the spinach mixture on one side of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border of exposed dough at the edge. Brush the exposed edge with water, and fold the other side of the dough over top, stretching it so that it completely encases the filling. Firmly pinch the edges together sealing the filling inside. Cut 4 slits in the top and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake until crisp and brown, about 20 minutes; cool 10 minutes before serving. Cut in 6 wedges.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 250
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 510mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 8g