Stuffed Flounder Forentine
- Yield 6 servings
An easy way to enjoy stuffed fish and sneak in some healthy spinach.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flounder filets
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup white wine, chicken broth, or clam juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Gradually add the spinach, stirring until just wilted. Add the bread crumbs and cheese, stirring until melted. Season to taste.
- Season the flounder with the dill, salt and pepper. Divided the stuffing among the flounder filets and roll the fish up around the stuffing. Secure rolls with a toothpick. Lay each roll in an oblong glass baking dsh coated with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the wine in the dish. Sprinkle the rolls with paprika. Bake for 20 to 25 mintues or until the fish flakes with a fork.