Stuffed Eggs with Cheese Sauce
- Yield 2 servings
Egg on toast with a topping of creamy cheese sauce.
- 2 slices bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
- 4 stuffed egg halves, any recipe
- 4 green pepper slices, in rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the toast points on a baking sheet.
- Place an egg half and a green pepper ring on each slice of toast. Bake just until warm, while making the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, and stir over medium heat until well mixed. Add the milk, and stir until mixture is thick and free of lumps.
- Add the cheese, and stir over low heat until melted. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the warmed toast, egg and green pepper on two plates.
- Quickly pour 1/4 of the sauce mixture over each egg. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
–Audrey Misner, Price, Utah