Stuffed Chicken and Pasta
- Yield servings
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 4 slices of mozzerella cheese
- 4 slices of proschutto
- 4 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 cup parmersean cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of italian bread crumbs
- Homemade or canned Marina (My quick Marina Recipe below)
- 1 16 ouunce package of pasta (I like rigatoni)
- Quick Marina:
- 1 lg can of crushed tomato
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 4 slivered or pressed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Greese a backing sheet with non-stick spray or butter.
Take each chicken breast and place a 2-3 inch slit in the side of each breast do not cut breast in half you just want to create a pocket. Place provolone, procshutto, mozerella and basil in to slit and then secure shut wiith a toothpick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
In a small bowl combine eggs, and cream. Beat until blended. Set aside.
In another small bowl combine 3/4 c of parmersean cheese with bread crumbs.
Take stuffed chicken dip both sides into egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture. Place into baking dish. Bake for 17-20 until chicken is baked thoroughly.
While chicken is baking cook your pasta and start your Marina if cooking from my quick marinara recipe.
Put your olice oil over medium heat once heated add your onions once softened add your garlic cook until lightly browned. Add your remaining ingredients cover reduce heat and simmer until pasta and chicken are ready.
Combine Sauce and Pasta then plate next to your chickken (sliced is a nice presentation) and top pasta wiith remainder of parmersean