Stuffed Chicken and Pasta
- Yield: servings
- 4large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4slices of provolone cheese
- 4slices of mozzerella cheese
- 4slices of proschutto
- 4leaves of fresh basil
- 1cup parmersean cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2cup of heavy cream
- 2cups of italian bread crumbs
- Homemade or canned Marina (My quick Marina Recipe below)
- 1 16 ouunce package of pasta (I like rigatoni)
- Quick Marina:
- 1 lg can of crushed tomato
- 1small can of tomato sauce
- 4 slivered or pressed garlic cloves
- 2tablespoons of olive oil
- 2tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Greese a backing sheet with non-stick spray or butter.
Take each chicken breast and place a 2-3 inch slit in the side of each breast do not cut breast in half you just want to create a pocket. Place provolone, procshutto, mozerella and basil in to slit and then secure shut wiith a toothpick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
In a small bowl combine eggs, and cream. Beat until blended. Set aside.
In another small bowl combine 3/4 c of parmersean cheese with bread crumbs.
Take stuffed chicken dip both sides into egg mixture and then into bread crumb mixture. Place into baking dish. Bake for 17-20 until chicken is baked thoroughly.
While chicken is baking cook your pasta and start your Marina if cooking from my quick marinara recipe.
Put your olice oil over medium heat once heated add your onions once softened add your garlic cook until lightly browned. Add your remaining ingredients cover reduce heat and simmer until pasta and chicken are ready.
Combine Sauce and Pasta then plate next to your chickken (sliced is a nice presentation) and top pasta wiith remainder of parmersean