Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Enchilada Sauce
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Kids really enjoy this flavorful dish. Leave out the green chiles or reduce the amount to accomodate your family.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn (thawed if using frozen)
- Sliced green onions
- Spread each piece of chicken with the green chiles and garlic. Top with cheese slice and roll up. Secure with toothpick if needed. Combine bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken roll in sour cream and roll in crumb mixture. Place breasts, seam side down, in baking dish. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix enchilada sauce with corn and pour enchilada sauce over chicken. Cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.