Stuffed Catch of the Day
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2cup plus 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/2pound shelled, chopped, and cooked shrimp
- 4pounds large trout fillets or your favorite fish
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat, saute garlic, onion, green pepper and green onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add stuffing mix, 1/2 cup white wine, pepper and the cooked shrimp, mixing well.
- Place fish fillets in a single layer in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Put a mound of stuffing on top of each fillet, dividing the stuffing evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup white wine and lemon juice, pour over fish. Cover pan with foil and bake 10 minutes, until almost done. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 338
- Fat 8.1g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 118mg
- Sodium 404mg