Stuffed Beef Burger
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow tomatoes
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese in a medium mixing bowl and gently toss with your hands.
- On a kitchen scale, weigh out 6oz for each burger and form patties. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty and place 1 Tbsp of Mozzarella cheese into it. Bury the cheese and reshape patty.
- Mark each patty on the grill and finish in a 350F oven until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 155F.
Recipe published with permission from Sturcture House Weight Management (c) Firehouse 2007