Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Yield: 4
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 4tablespoons soy margarine
- 4teaspoons honey
- 1pinch paprika
- 1pinch salt
- 4tablespoons oil
- 1cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1cup shredded red cabbage
- 1cup shredded carrots
- 1/2cup corn kernels
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 2tablespoons cooked wild rice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut the top quarter off the squash and scoop the seeds out. If necessary, cut a coin size off the bottom ridges so the squash can stand on its own.
- Melt the soy margarine in a pot on the stovetop.
- On the inside of the squash, brush the melted soy margarine and drizzle honey over it. Sprinkle paprika and salt.
- Place squash in a large baking dish, 14-inch by 10-inch by 2-inch.
- Add water to the pan to ½-inch deep. Cover the pan with foil, making four 1-inch slashes as vents for steam to escape. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick can go into the squash easily. Set aside to cool before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Cafe Sunflower