Stress-Fighting Beef Stir-Fry
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound organic grass-fed steak (or extra-firm tofu)
- 1/3cup mirin rice wine
- 2tablespoons shoyu or tamari sauce (wheat-free)
- 1teaspoon maple syrup
- 2tablespoons sesame or coconut oil, divided
- 1 brown or red onion, peeled and sliced into thin crescents
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3cup purified water
- 1bunch broccoli, cut into florets and stems
- 1/2cup purple cabbage, cut into thick strips
- Cut steak (or tofu) into thin strips and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine mirin, shoyu (or tamari), and maple syrup and marinate 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove steak from the marinade (reserving leftover marinade) and coat with cornmeal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove from the pan and set aside. (If using tofu, cook until lightly browned on each side.)
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil to the pan and sauté onion, ginger, and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the purified water, the broccoli stems and florets, and cabbage and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return cooked beef (or tofu) to the pan with the leftover marinade, and cook on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until boiling.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 227.5
- Fat 13.04 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 789.42 mg
- Potassium 278.29 mg
- Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Fiber 1.82 g
- Sugars 9.32 g
- Protein 10.71 g