Strawberry Yogurt Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Use your family's favorite fruit and matching flavor yogurt for this easy recipe.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie shell
- Whipped topping
- Cut the stems from the strawberries with a table knife. Cut the strawberries into quarters and place in a large bowl. Use a table fork to mash the strawberries.
- Add the yogurt to the strawberries and mix will with a rubber spatula. Add the whipped topping and mix until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the pie shell using a spatula and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or longer. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving and let stand at room temperature. Cut into wedges with a table knife. Serve with wihipped topping.
- Variation: For a Yummy Yogurt Pie, omit the strawberries, use 6-ounces of light strawberry yogurt, 8-ounces of light whipped topping, and a drained 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple; prepare as you do the Strawberry Yogurt Pie, using a graham cracker pie shell.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc.’s In the Kitchen with Kids (Nashville, Tn., 2009).