Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Yield 4 servings
"This strawberry spinach salad recipe is one that I've made for many years."
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash spinach and pat it dry. Add strawberries and almonds to the spinach in a salad bowl, and toss them together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If desired, toast almonds.
- To prepare dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with a fitted lid. Shake well. Pour over salad and toss just before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: The homemade dressing also is good with 1/4 cup of your favorite flavored vinegar.
Recipe by Marvel Lint, Reads Landing, Minn.