- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Use your favorite biscuit mix to make these shortcakes, and garnish them with fresh berries.
- 2 cups dry biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 6 ounces whipped cream
- 1/2 ounce jarred vanilla sauce
- 1/2 ounce jarred strawberry sauce
- 6 strawberries, cut in half
- 6 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix biscuit mix, water and sugar until a soft dough forms. Scoop 3 ounces of dough into a lightly greased muffin pan. Flatten tops with wet fingers. Sprinkle tops with raw sugar.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool. Remove biscuits from pan. Cut in half crosswise,
- Add a layer of whipped cream on each biscuit bottom, followed by a layer of sliced strawberries (making the “points” of the berries stick out of the sides). Top with another layer of whipped cream. Place top of biscuit in an offset position on top.
- Paint serving plate with vanilla and strawberry sauces and position shortcake on top. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, strawberry half and fresh mint.
Recipe courtesy of the Compass Group.