Strawberry Shortcake Toss
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
A quick-and-easy strawberry dessert.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -- 1/2-inch center slices King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- -- Strawberries to garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
Blend sugar and cinnamon together.
Brush both sides of bread lightly with margarine.
Generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Bake cubes on a baking sheet with a lip for 8-9 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring once. Set aside to cool.
Toss together croutons and berries.
Spread evenly into an 8x8x2-inch pan.
Spread whipped topping evenly to cover filling*.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar, if desired. *Or you may wait and add a dollop of whipped topping when ready to serve.