Strawberry-Peach or Banana-Peach Daiquiri
- Yield 2 servings
Enjoy a taste of the islands in your backyard. This fruity daiquiri is refreshing and cool, and made with canned fruits that are great sources of vitamins A and C.
- 5 ounces (1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons) canned peaches in heavy syrup (from a 15-ounce can)
- 2 -- fresh limes
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons) premium light rum
- 3 large fresh strawberries or 1/2 medium, fresh banana
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons whipped cream for garnish
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée the entire can of peaches. Set peach purée aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make 2 cocktail drinks: Juice 2 limes, and pour juice into blender. Add rum, 5 ounces canned peach purée, strawberries and sugar. Fill serving glass with ice, add ice to blender and repeat, adding another glass of ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.