Strawberry Meringue Parfaits with Balsamic Syrup
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Perfection in a parfait glass: strawberries, balsamic, meringues, and mascarpone cheese.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 24 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced 1/4 inches thick
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces meringue cookies, crumbled (about 12)
- Combine vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil about 8 minutes, or until thick. Let cool. Combine balsamic syrup with berries.
- Beat heavy cream, mascarpone, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Layer strawberries, cream mixture and crumbled meringues in glasses. Serve immediately. Serves 8.