Strawberry Margarita Pie
- Yield 8 servings
To add a little flair to your pie, rub a wedge of lime around the rim of the pie plate and then dip in sugar. This will give the pie a true margarita feel.
- Mix the pretzel crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and mix well. Press the crumb mixture into a lightly buttered pie plate and set aside.
- Process the strawberry halves, lime zest, lime juice, condensed milk, tequila and Triple Sec in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Beat the whipping cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into the strawberry mixture a small amount at a time. pour into the prepared crust.
- Freeze, uncovered, for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer to the refrigerator and let soften for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., Cooking in High Cotton, the Cotton Country Collection (the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., 2008)