Strawberry French Toast
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Fresh sliced strawberries fill this classic breakfast dish.
- 4 -- (1 1/2-inch) thick slices King's Hawaiian Bread
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- -- Butter or vegetable oil for frying
- -- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- -- Maple syrup, for garnish
Cut each slice into approximately 3-inch wide pieces.
Using serrated knife, cut a pocket in edge of each slice and fill with strawberries.
Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and if desired, sugar and orange zest.
Heat griddle over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
Quickly dip (do not soak) slices in egg mixture.
Cook until golden brown on both sides. Keep egg mixture well blended.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with additional strawberry slices.
Serve immediately with warm syrup.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here