Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Yield servings
"This recipe for strawberry jam is so delicious and easy to make. It's a family favorite!"
- 1 quart ripe strawberries
- 1 (1.75-ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 4 cups sugar
- Slice berries into thin, small pieces and layer in a 2-cup measuring cup, crushing them between layers. If crushed berries don’t measure up to the 2-cup mark, add a little water.
- Stir berries and sugar together in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash freezer-friendly 1 pint (or smaller) containers to hold the jam and set aside.
- Boil 3/4 cup water in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in Sure-Jell. Return to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add fruit and sugar mixture. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Ladle hot fruit into containers. Cover immediately with fitted lids. Allow containers to stand for 24 hours at room temperature, then store in freezer for up to one year. Serve jam directly from the freezer, or it will be too thin.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This jam also can be served as strawberry sauce from the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Recipe by Peggy Rogers, Vienna, W.V.