Strawberry Fields Salad
- Yield 2 servings
A perfect combination in this sweet and crunchy salad.
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- -- White Balsamic Vinaigrette (below)
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- For the salad. Mound equal amounts of the spinach on two salad plates. Top with the salad greens. Sprinkle with the strawberries, cheese and almonds. Drizzle with the desired amount of White Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- For the dressing. Combine vinegar, sugar, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add the oil slowly, whisking contantly until blended. Store the vinaigrette in a jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Melting Pot Restaurants’ Dip Into Something Different, (The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. 2008).