Strawberry Fields Salad
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2cups baby spinach leaves
- 2cups mixed salad greens
- 1cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- -- White Balsamic Vinaigrette (below)
- 1cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/4cup minced shallots
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2cups vegetable oil
- For the salad. Mound equal amounts of the spinach on two salad plates. Top with the salad greens. Sprinkle with the strawberries, cheese and almonds. Drizzle with the desired amount of White Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- For the dressing. Combine vinegar, sugar, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add the oil slowly, whisking contantly until blended. Store the vinaigrette in a jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Melting Pot Restaurants’ Dip Into Something Different, (The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. 2008).