Strawberry Brownie Torte-Cake
- Yield: 10 servings
- Torte cake
- Deluxe fudge brownie mix
- 1/2cup hot tap water
- 1/2cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1cup strawberries, chopped
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 1/3cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3cup evaporated milk
- 1/4cup margarine
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350. Line two 9 inch round cake pans with foil.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool; remove brownie layers with the foil from pans. Freeze 1-2 hours for easier handling.
- Line one 9 inch round cake pan with foil.
- In large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped strawberries; spread into prepared pan. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, milk and margarine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- To assemble torte, remove foil from brownie and ice cream layers. Place brownie layer on serving plate, top with ice cream layer and remaining brownie layer. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries. Cut into wedges; serve with chocolate topping.
TIP: For ease in cutting, assembled dessert may need to stand at room temperature approximately 10 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 640
- Monounsaturated Fat 32g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 360mg
- Carbohydrate 81g
- Protein 7g