Strawberry Banana Pancakes
- Yield 4 servings
Strawberries and bananas are baked right into the batter of these pancakes, and yogurt banana sauce fills in for maple syrup to top these fruity flapjacks.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup ?
- 1 egg
- 1 banana peeled
- 6 strawberries, trimmed of their tops
- Oil, for skillet
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Sliced bananas (optional)
- To make the topping: Puree banana and vanilla yogurt in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- To make the pancakes:In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl beat the egg with the oil.
- Place milk, banana and strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree. There should be about 1 1/4 cups of fruit-milk batter after blending. Add more strawberries if there’s less than 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour the fruit-milk batter into the bowl with the beaten eggs and oil. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir together to fully incorporate, but do not over mix.
- Prepare a skillet with a light layer of oil. Place over medium-high heat. When skillet is preheated, ladle 1/4 cup batter per pancake on the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook on the other side until pancake is fully cooked. Repeat until you are out of batter.
- Drizzle pancakes with the banana yogurt topping, and sprinkle with sliced strawberries and bananas.