California Strawberry Commission
- 2 1/2cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1pound avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
- chili powder
- 6tablespoons crumbled queso fresco
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Heat oven to 400F. In large bowl, mix together strawberries, jicama, cilantro, peppers and lime juice.
- Add avocados; fold together gently. Season with salt.
- Arrange tortillas on oven rack in one layer. Toast about 10 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown.
- Mound 1 cup strawberry mixture in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each tostada with chili powder and 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with 1 cilantro sprig and 1 lime wedge.
This recipe originally appeared as Strawberry Avocado Tostado on California Strawberries.