Strawberry and Kiwi Mixed Green Salad
- Yield 8 servings
Enliven a salad with strawberry and kiwi to add vivid colors and taste. Toss with a light flavorful vinaigrette and your salad makes a statement!
- 8 cups mixed greens (Bibb, red leaf, spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 -- kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 -- green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In large bowl, mix together greens, strawberries and kiwi.
- In small bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, green onion, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and oil. Refrigerate vinaigrette until ready to use.
- When ready to toss salad, add dressing gradually, serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.