Strawberries and Prosecco
- Yield: 15 servings
- 2cups ripe strawberries, stems removed, plus extra for garnish
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange
- `tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (750ml) bottles Prosecco, chilled
- Place all ingredients, except Prosecco, in a blender and purée. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (This can be done 1 or 2 days in advance.)
- Place about 1 tablespoon of strawberry purée in bottom of Champagne flutes. Top with Prosecco and garnish with strawberry. Serves 15.
Note: For a kid-friendly alternative, mix the strawberry purée with sparkling water, lemon-lime soda or sparkling grape juice.
By Brian Morris, Relish Cooking Show