Stovetop meat loaves with tomato sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground beef
- 1 halfcup finely shredded peeled potato
- 1/4cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2cup crushed saltine crackers (13 sq.)
- 2-- eggs, beaten
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons oil (any)
- 1fluid ounce 15 oz. tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and tomato sauce; mix well.
- (mixture will be moist). Shape mixture into four 4×2-inch loaves.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown loaves 3 to 4 minutes on each side; drain. Pour tomato sauce over loaves; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center, spooning sauce over loaves once halfway through cooking.
- 4 servings.