Stir-Fry Wild Rice
- Yield 6 servings
Who needs take-out when you can prepare this wonderful dish in the comfort of your home.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root (optional)
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced Anaheim chile
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine the chicken broth and wild rice in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok. Add the bok choy. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the garlic an ginger root. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Stir in the bell pepper, Anaheim chile, bean sprouts and green onions. Stir in the wild rice. Stir in the hoisin sauce, cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pasadena, Inc.’s Dining By Design (Pasadena, California, 1999).