Stir-Fry Wild Rice
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2cups chicken broth
- 1cup wild rice
- 1/4cup sesame oil
- 1/2cup chopped bok choy
- 1teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1tablespoon chopped ginger root (optional)
- 1/4cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4cup diced Anaheim chile
- 1/4cup bean sprouts
- 1/4cup chopped green onions
- 2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1teaspoon lime juice
- Combine the chicken broth and wild rice in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok. Add the bok choy. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the garlic an ginger root. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Stir in the bell pepper, Anaheim chile, bean sprouts and green onions. Stir in the wild rice. Stir in the hoisin sauce, cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pasadena, Inc.’s Dining By Design (Pasadena, California, 1999).