Stir-Fry Tofu with Bean Sprouts
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 8-10 minutes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 3 red spur chilies (or another red, hot pepper), diagonally sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced into 1 1/4 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat, add the tofu, and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the oil, then drain the rest from the wok. Increase the heat to medium-high and heat the reserved oil. Add the garlic and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chilies, scallions, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and tofu and stir-fry for another 1 minute. Serve.
Adapted from Thailand: The Cookbook by Jean-Pierre Gabriel (Phaidon, 2014)